Vipre Advanced Security has built its reputation as one of the simplest antivirus protection. It’s convenient, has a straightforward interface, and manages to deliver a few extra features to its users. Let’s learn more about this program and compare all the pros and cons to reach the verdict.
A General Overview of the Interface and Features
Each Vipre Antivirus review agrees that the interface of this antivirus is the simplest on the market. There are only 3 modules that take care of your device’s protection. They are MyVIPRE, Account, and Manage. The latter contains features such as updates and settings. This is the module that protects your email and privacy as well as has firewall settings and other helpful features. You may also use such features as Quiet Mode, Social Watch, Secure File Eraser, etc.
Social Watch, for instance, scans your Facebook timeline for potential threats and blocks them before they get to your device.
If you need to delete a program, you can greatly benefit from Secure File Eraser. This tool removes files without leaving any traces. It’s a safe way to delete things and leave no junk files afterward.
The quality of antivirus software can be assessed by the results of the independent testing labs. They show that Vipre scores 98.3% detecting zero-day threats and 100% detecting malware. You can learn the latest results visiting sites for AV-Test, SE Labs, etc. Keep in mind that this software sometimes fails to detect threats coming through Google Chrome.
Pros and Cons of Using Vipre
Like every other antivirus, Vipre has certain strong and weal points. Let’s start with the advantages that are worth your attention.
- The software is based on Bitdefender’s engines. This means that you get the same quality protection from viruses and spam. Bitdefender is one of the most popular antivirus solutions in the world. So, it’s a good start.
- The price tag is very reasonable. It remains in the average price category making Vipre affordable.
- A customizable firewall makes it stand out from the rest. As you see, it’s not only simple but flexible. Advanced users can use this rare feature to adjust the settings of the personal firewall.
- You can have 30 days free of charge. Download the trial version from the official website and enjoy the features without paying money. It’s more than enough time to define if you like the quality of the service and the simplicity of the program.
On the other hand, Vipre still needs improvements in certain areas. The weakest points of the program are:
- Lack of customization options. While you can customize a firewall, most of the settings are set up and can’t be changed. It’s not a terrible drawback for average users who seldom change any settings.
- The customer support is rather slow. If you have an urgent matter to solve, be ready to spend more time than you expected.
- There is also no identity protection. This kind of protection is essential nowadays which means you’ll have to buy a separate product.
- The lack of webcam and microphone protection is also criticized by many users.
While you may view these drawbacks from a different perspective, based on your preferences, there is no doubt the company needs to make some adjustments.
All in all, Vipre is an interesting antivirus solution. It’s very simple and uses Bitdefender engines that make it a big plus. A customizable firewall is not a very common feature you get. Finally, it’s very affordable. On the other hand, it’s probably not the best choice for advanced users who like to adjust the settings. Use these facts to decide if Vipre services work for you.